Voices for Change
2012 to current
Funded by the European Union
The project also has a strong focus on grassroots media and provides pathways for peoples voices to be broadcast on TV through the KAM TV channel. The project utilises a number of existing advocacy, media and research networks, by linking with key organisations with which Further Arts has strong associations, to support nascent youth associations that have arisen in part out of previous projects that we have implemented over the previous ten years. The project supports the development of these associations in building their skills and practical capacity in organisation, and in the literacy and skills needed to participate more fully and effectively in policy processes.
The results include:
• More access to information for young people and through them the general population.
• More informed and better organised and networked youth associations.
• More engagement of young people with kastom governance mechanisms and increased inter-generational dialogue on social and policy issues.
• More effective advocacy and engagement campaigns with government by youth associations.
• More representation of young people in policy advisory bodies, with young women to be fairly represented.
• More representation of views of rural island communities in policy processes
• Increased media creative and technical production skills among young people
• More production of educational and awareness resources on social issues and participation in policy processes by young people